So, I have a few New Year’s Resolutions which I haven’t really mentioned to many people. Not that they are super big or important, but I just don’t think to do it.
- I’ve been on a weight loss journey for a while now. After my wedding, I was 225lbs, which was the highest I can remember. I thought I would lose weight for my wedding, but I kept putting that off until it was a week before the wedding – too late to do anything about it. At that point, I was 215lbs. A year went by, and I was watching my mom (who I am very proud of) lose 90lbs with Weight Watchers. It got to the point that she and I was weighing less than me, and that is the motivation I needed. So, I joined WW too, and I m down about 45lbs now. So, one of my big goals for this year is to continue my weight loss to get closer to a goal weight. I don’t know what the goal weight number is yet, but I do know I have more I want to lose.
- A second goal for this year is I want to go as long into the year listening to my music on shuffle and NOT skipping songs. I am notorious for skipping 10 songs to find one I am in the mood for, so I always skip over songs that I know that I love, but I never listen to. So far, so good. The only break I am allowing myself for this are Christmas songs. I have been too lazy to take those off my iPhone, so I am letting myself skip those.
- My third goal is similar to my second one. I tend to wear either the same eyeshadows all the time (hello Mother of Dragons, which I wear almost every day it seems) or I wear whatever is newest in my collection. So, I am trying to wear eyeshadows that I haven’t worn in a while. So far, this is going really well. It’s helping me rediscover eyeshadows that I went crazy for previously AND it’s helping me give eyeshadows I didn’t previously love a fighting chance.
So, the thing about Notoriously Morbid is that I have a TON of eyeshadows by them. In fact, 2 of my 5 pressed palettes are entirely NM eyeshadows, PLUS all my baggies and minis. Needless to say, I don’t ignore this brand in my everyday looks. But, out of all the ones I own, I probably wear 10% of them often, and the rest rarely.
So, today I wanted to play with Garmonbozia. I think when I first got this color, I was intimidated by it. So, I created a look for it in July… yep, that’s the only time I’d ever worn it. Today is time for that to change! The other eyeshadows in this look are ones I rarely use (or haven’t in a long time), and they are all deserving of the spotlight.
So, I started with putting Garmonbozia all over my lid. Then I added Cry Innocent to the outer V and crease. Next, I used Sometimes My Arms Bend Back to blend Garmonbozia and Cry Innocent. And I finished it all off with Dust to Dust on the inner eye, blending it up and over towards the crease. Overall, I’m pretty pleased with it.
I think this exercise has helped me rediscover a few favorites (uhm Cry Innocent, why don’t I use you all the time! Holy cow you are beautiful!) and give some others that I’d never even used before a fighting change (Sometimes My Arms Bend Back, I never gave you a chance, did I? Bad job, Abie!).
- Tarte BB cream in Fair
- bareMinerals Mineral Veil
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse in Taupe
- NYX blush in Taupe
- MDMA blush by My Pretty Zombie
- Kiss My Sass white eye primer
- Garmonbozia by Notoriously Morbid
- Sometimes My Arms Bend Back by Notoriously Morbid
- Cry Innocent by Notoriously Morbid
- Dust to Dust by Notoriously Morbid
- Buxom mascara
- He Loves His Hammer custom lipgloss from Shiro Cosmetics